[PC-BSD Testing] Testing PC-BSD 9 beta notes

Serghey Suvorov serghey.suvorov at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 02:40:19 PDT 2011

A good example of the root PW (rPW) saving I see in my ScientificLinux
5.5/GNOME.
1) After root authorization in any GUI   I see in tray a mark of saving rPW.
It
remains 2-3 min.
2) Click on it calls 2 options: to save (for a few minutes) or to drop.
"Drop/Save" does not act on actual GUI, only on future. It does not act on
GUI
without rPW requirement (if you'll call file manager, it will not have a
root access).
3) rPW saving does not act in terminal; only rPW within terminal is legal.
It is very good; the saving root terminal is a mortal danger.

That rPW saving is absent in SL 6.x. Maybe due to extreme danger.

Regards, Serghey