[PC-BSD Testing] Testing PC-BSD 9 beta notes

LinuxBSDos.com finid at linuxbsdos.com
Tue Aug 16 18:36:15 PDT 2011

> On 08/16/2011 07:58, jmdennis @dslextreme.com wrote:
>> I agree as I would want to not have to enter in the root password each
>> time.  Their has to be a way to set up users where they have to enter
>> this if you so choose and for those that do not want to have to enter
>> it each time they do not.  You can probably use kwallet for this for
>> those that want to have the passwords remembered.
>>

> The only problem with that is that kwallet isn't installed on
> everybody's system necessarily. We may need to investigate a way to do
> another "save password" functionality, so the user could type it once
> for all the tools. That would have to be for 9.1 though. -- Kris Moore

I'm not sure if Kwallet should even be in the picture, but from a
non-coders perspective, would it not be easier to require authentication
for the Control Center itself, and leave the applications inside it
password free.

Is anybody familiar with how Mandriva inplements this with the Mandriva
Control Center?

--
Fini D.
http://LinuxBSDos.com