[PC-BSD Testing] Beta1 testing problems

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Fri Aug 12 12:37:44 PDT 2011

On 08/11/2011 16:13, Ian McNulty wrote:
> The 96.43 Nvidia driver has been updated to 96.43.20 to include
> support for latest X11. It is included in Ubuntu 11.10 alpha 3 so may
> be ported to BSD soon as an alternative to the current version in the
> PC-BSD 9 beta1 install option.

There are various 96.xx and 170.xx drivers in the FreeBSD ports tree,
which can be installed after loading the system right now. I'm trying to
puzzle out how to best add them as a meta-pkg, since they conflict with
other versions of the driver, etc.

> Does the HPLIP install binary (PBI) have the scanner=yes option set,
> as this is set to =no in the standard freebsd pkg I think. I have to
> compile from ports to get an HP all in one to scan, which takes about
> 3 hours at 2mbps
>
> regards to all

I added the WITH_SCAN=yes option for the next beta.