[PC-BSD Testing] v9 64bit USBFULL img install errors

Tigersharke . tigersharke at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 12:23:02 PDT 2011

> On 08/08/2011 13:06, Kris Moore wrote:
>   These are critical errors reading from the media. How did you copy the
> image to USB, what command?

 I used the command *dd if=*PCBSD9.0-BETA1-x64-USBFULL.img* of=/dev/da0
bs=5k* as given in the handbook.  I didn't even consider checking the size
of the image as compared to my USB thumbdrive, which as someone else pointed
out, was incompatible. My USB stick is only 4Gb, therefore the last 0.6Gb
were silently truncated. Since its now fixed, I suppose I ought to try it
again :)

thank you for the speedy size correction of that image..