[PC-BSD Testing] xorg can't start (sort of resolved)

Sha'ul shaul at lavabit.com
Fri Aug 5 11:03:11 PDT 2011

I got X to work. In the BIOS I changed Graphic mode from Switchable to
Discrete. With only having Discrete working I think it loaded X with
VESA. But nonetheless, the PC-Sysinstall started, I added a partition,
and managed to do a successful installation of FreeBSD 9-CURRENT. I do
not use PC-BSD, I only used the PCBSD installer for better filesystem
options for FreeBSD.

With Xorg not working for the installer, I got X working under OpenBSD
with BIOS set on Switchable graphics, not Discrete, so I'm not sure why
it doesn't work for PC