[PC-BSD Testing] PC-BSD LXDE Program suggestions

John Davis john.r.davis.jr at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 12:14:38 PDT 2011

I have used Lubuntu on a laptop successfully for about a year now and
have came to the conclusion that some programs, I feel, should be
added or their equivalent to the PC-BSD 9 CD to make a full featured
desktop in a CD.  Just an idea on what programs I think PC-BSD 9
should include with the CD, LXDE version:

LXDE Components

    Included
        GPicView
        Leafpad
        LXAppearance
        LXDE Common
        LXDM
        LXLauncher
        LXPanel
        LXRandr
        LXSession
        LXSession Edit
        LXShortCut
        LXTerminal
        Menu-Cache
        Openbox
        PCManFM
    Not Included

        GtkNetCat
        LXMusic
        LXNM

Applications and System Tools

    Login Manager : LXDM
    System monitor : LXTask

    Windows configuration : Obconf
    Networking : Network manager + nm-applet
    Software management : Synaptic

Graphics

    Image viewer: GPicView

    Paint : MTPaint

PDF reader : Evince
Multimedia

    Music : Audacious

    Videos : Gnome-mplayer

    Webcam : guvcview

Internet

    Browser :Chromium, the open-source version of Google Chrome

    Email : Sylpheed

    Instant Messages : Pidgin

    Bittorrent : Transmission

    IRC : XChat

Office and related

    Spreadsheet : Gnumeric

    Wordprocessor : Abiword
    Notes : Xpad

Accessories

    Calculator : Galculator

    Notepad : Leafpad
    Screenshot : scrot

    CD burner : Xfburn
    Terminal : Lxterminal

    Archiver : File-roller
    Screensaver : Xscreensaver

Games

    Ace of penguins

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/Applications

This is a direct copy of the Lubuntu program list. Things like Ace of
penguins are unnecessary, but again, this is just an idea.