[PC-BSD Testing] Display Settings update did not work.

Bjoern A. Zeeb bzeeb-lists at lists.zabbadoz.net
Fri Apr 29 08:56:06 PDT 2011

on a 20110405 snapshot I had problems changing the video driver/resolution after install by "Display Settings".  Having said "Apply" it asked the "The settings ... will now be tested... [OK]" thing and then really didn't do anything. Also a kill/restart of X hasn't shown any changes.  I eventually fixed it by a combination of setting the kenv so that it was run on the next boot and manually editing xorg.conf in /etc/X11/.  Not sure whether it is because I was trying the vmware driver compiled from ports or something else.  I'll retry with a newer snapshot soon.  If it wasn't known I can also try to gather some more information.

         Stop bit received. Insert coin for new address family.