[PC-BSD Testing] 9-Current 20110425 Snapshot Install with nvidia driver

Ryan McCann ryanm at live.com
Wed Apr 27 14:27:09 PDT 2011

Hi, I have installed the newest snapshot (20110425). I tried various zfs drive configurations on 2 machines. One amd64 and one x86. Both installs went well except for the
nvidia driver will not automatically load at boot time. Unfortunately, I get not detailed errors in the log file except for the module not loading. I did read that Kris was working on this now.
I encountered the same behavior in both machines. In case it helps at all, I found that as long as there is a working x-config, you can manually load the driver at boot
from the console prompt and everything works as expected after that. It works the same for me on both machines. I haven't had any problems once the desktop has
been loaded either (I'm using Gnome) and everything in it's current form seems to work as expected.

     Ryan