[PC-BSD Testing] uhidd question

Yuri Momotiuk yurkis at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 07:03:44 PDT 2011

2011/4/27 Kris Moore <kris at pcbsd.org>

>  On 04/27/2011 09:25, Yuri Momotiuk wrote:
>
> Hello
>
>  *The uhidd userland driver aims to support USB HID devices with multiple
> Top-Level application collections in one interface, i.e, HID devices with
> multiple logical device sharing one endpoint. This kind of devices currently
> can not be fully supported by the in-kernel drivers (ukbd/ums/uhid).*
> *...*
> *uhidd also provide support for multimedia keys found on USB keyboard...*
>
>  See more at http://wiki.freebsd.org/uhidd
> But when you use uhidd you must disable usb keyboard and mouse support in
> kernel configuration and recompile kernel. Also keyboard is not work since
> uhidd starts from rc.conf , so USB keyboard unaviable for example in single
> user mode :(((
> Do you know something about multiple USB HID devices in single handle
> support in upcoming 9.0?
>
>  --
>

> Good find! I've added this to the base-system for the next 9 snapshot.

In that case you should unload kernel uhid.ko modules before uhidd using to
prevent conflicts. But "generic" uhid modules should be loaded at boot time
for using in single user mode for example.
See uhidd wiki for details.

Also in my case multimedia keys was not auto detected. If it will be in 9.0
I can create GUI for multimedia keys binding.

--
Best regards, Yuri Momotyuk