[PC-BSD Testing] 20110414 snapshot, IceWM installed‏‏, booted into Fluxbox

Dru Lavigne drulavigne at sympatico.ca
Tue Apr 19 07:33:41 PDT 2011

If you install only IceWM, it boots into Fluxbox by default. Having never used IceWM before, I didn't notice until I got further down the menu and saw the Fluxbox menu settings. If KDE isn't installed, a whole bunch of stuff still shows up in the menus even though they're not installed, making for a very disappointing user experience:

right-click -> Internet contains entries for Konqueror, Firefox 3, Opera, Thunderbird, and KMail, none of which work

right-click -> Media contains entries for Amarok and VLC, none of which work

right-click -> Graphics contains an entry for Gimp which does not work

right-click -> Editors contains entries for OpenOffice 3 and KWrite, none of which work

right-click -> Tools contains entries for File Manager, Konsole, K3B, and PC-BSD Control Panel, none of which work

Is there any way to only have menu items appear when the apps are actually installed?

System Manager icon is similar to Awesome: it's in the system tray and everything works but "Start the System Manager".

The wallpaper is fine but there aren't any icons on the desktop.

Cheers,

Dru