[PC-BSD Testing] OOs is dead. Long live OOo.

Arthur Koziol A-Koziol at neiu.edu
Mon Apr 18 14:21:09 PDT 2011

On 04/18/2011 2:47 PM, Jesse Smith wrote:
> [...]

Anti-Oracle? Maybe, but it's what a lot of us knew was going to happen
in the end. Open Solaris went first. I think there are rumblings with
OpenJava. I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop on that one too. I
vaguely remember reading that it's one of the reasons Apple yanked Java
or some such thing from OS X? Isn't it a bit hard to *not* be
anti-Oracle considering how prevalent and positive many of these
technologies were? Oracle lost a huge cash cow with Open Office IMHO.
Good projects gone down the toilet.

Arthur