[PC-BSD Testing] latest snapshot, LXDE install

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Tue Apr 12 08:25:37 PDT 2011

On 04/08/2011 08:42, Dru Lavigne wrote:
> Notes from the 32 bit DVD installed in virtualbox with LXDE as the
> only desktop:
>
> The desktop icon "Users Handbook" is a question mark, clicking on it
> makes all the icons on the desktop temporarily disappear and does not
> open anything.

Fixed!

> The desktop icon "PC-BSD Handbook" does not open.

Fixed!

> The desktop icon "PC-BSD Website" does not open.

Fixed!

> PCBSD Control Panel does not remember the password, regardless if save
> for this session or save to keyring.

See that here as well, something with gksu / gnome-keyring?

> Half of the icons in Control Panel do not open. The ones that DO open
> are: AppCafe, Ports Jail, Printing, Network Configuration, and Life
> Preserver

Working on an update to gksu, the one we have in ports is super old and
broken it seems.

> For the update manager in the system tray: double-clicking does not
> open, right-clicking and selecting System Manager does not open,
> right-clicking and selecting AppCafe does open

Same issue as above.

> System -> Manage Printing (CUPS) does not open

This wont open until you install a web-browser via the appcafe :)

> System -> Online Update Notifier does not open

If the "shield" icon is already in the tray, it won't open another copy.

> System -> Root terminal prompts for password but does not open terminal

Same issue as gksu above.

> System -> Run as different user does prompt for password but does not
> run anything

Ditto