[PC-BSD Testing] latest snapshot, KDE install

Odhiambo Washington odhiambo at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 23:06:04 PDT 2011

On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 22:46, Dru Lavigne <drulavigne at sympatico.ca> wrote:

>  Tested 32 bit version in virtualbox with KDE as the only desktop
> installed. Some of these issues may be of interest to the KDE ports team.
>
> Nepomuk gives the following error when you login: "Nepomuk Semantic Desktop
> needs the Virtuoso RDF server to store its data."
>
> Is there a way to tell KDE not to issue the warning seen in
> http://wiki.pcbsd.org/images/1/1c/Kde-warning.png? This seems to be new in
> 4.6.1 and occurs when clicking on the icon for AppCafe, PC-BSD ControlPanel,
> and the PC-BSD Handbook. No sense scaring new users if we don't have to--and
> it doesn't look too good if KDE does not trust "our" apps. Note that this
> only occurs the first time the user access the icon so it should be a
> configurable something.
>
> [snip]

I am unable to test this snapshot on my laptop because it only gives me
fluxbox as the WM, even though I only selected KDE!
When I choose only Gnome, then Gnome becomes the WM but I hate it, since it
does NOT allow me to configure my wireless interface.
Why is KDE refusing? As a matter of fact, there is no fluxbox as an option
when I install:)
I am testing with the 32-bit version.

--
Best regards,