[PC-BSD Testing] Fluxbox and not KDE!

Dru Lavigne drulavigne at sympatico.ca
Thu Apr 7 09:11:25 PDT 2011

I noticed the same behaviour and was going to send in this report:

The default desktop chosen by the login manager was fluxbox--can this be
 changed to pick KDE or does it only understand alphabetical ordering?
Should we still be tying fluxbox into KDE or should Fluxbox be added as
its own supported desktop in the Desktop Settings menu? A user who does
not know where to find the desktop selecter in the login manager will be
 very disappointed in this "version" of KDE ;-) It took me some minutes
to find the desktop selector as it does not display in the menu bar
until after you highlight the username.

Odhiambo, I've updated the Handbook to show how to switch desktops:

http://wiki.pcbsd.org/index.php/Post_Installation

Cheers,

Dru