[PC-BSD Testing] PCBSD 9-CURRENT-20110405-x64 Installation Issues

Ian Robinson fitchkendall at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 19:55:35 PDT 2011

On Wed, Apr 6, 2011 at 3:00 PM, <testing-request at lists.pcbsd.org> wrote:

> A new 9-CURRENT snapshot is now available from our ftp site, for both
> i386 and amd64 systems: <ftp://ftp.pcbsd.org/pub/snapshots/>
>
> - Standard Disclaimer -
> This is ALPHA quality software, expect issues and bugs, slippery when
> wet, etc. Please report issues back to the mailing list.

I had 64 bit computer with Win XP installed on da4 (SATA 0) I did a fresh
install using the full dvd ofthe newest 64bit  9.0-CURRENT on da6 (SATA 1)
and also installed the boot manager.  Installation completed fine, but on
rebooting I could never get a prompt to choose between Windows & PCBSD.  I
will reinstall again.

Next, I installed 9.0-CURRENT in VirtualBox where the host system was PCBSD
8.2.  Installation went fine and I played around with it for a while.  It
started with Gnome, and I switched to KDE just fine.  I could not get any
guest additions installed.  Later, I shut down the virtual machine normally,
but now Virtual Box says the virtual machine is "not accessible."  Will
explore this issue further.
--
Ian Robinson
Salem, Ohio