[PC-BSD Testing] pc-controlpanel is not i18n-ready

Gour-Gadadhara Dasa gour at atmarama.net
Sun Apr 3 03:55:33 PDT 2011

Hello!

I'm a new happy PC-BSD user just migrated from Linux. :-)

Latest 9.0 snapshot is quite OK - my wifi works practically
out-of-the-box and I have sound in my USB headphones (didn't have time
to tweak it more).

Here I'd like to mention one possible problem for non-US users...

If I start pc-controlpanel and want to tweak network settings, due to
my locale setup, I cannot see most of the labels probably because the
application is not properly i18n-ed.

The ugly workaround which I use is that I've created panel.sh script
with the following content:

#!/usr/local/bin/zsh

export LC_ALL="en_US.UTF-8"

pc-controlpanel

and then I can use it.

Another related problem, is also that I've icons in the systray for my
Ethernet (wired) & Wifi (wlan) connections, but for the same reason, I
cannot see any option when righ-clicking with the mouse on the icon.

It would be nice that very capable networkmaneger get more i18n
features.

Sincerely,
Gour

--
“In the material world, conceptions of good and bad are
all mental speculations…” (Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu)