[PC-BSD Testing] installer did not install sources (was Re: kernel source)

Gour-Gadadhara Dasa gour at atmarama.net
Sun Apr 3 02:20:32 PDT 2011

On Tue, 02 Sep 2008 11:46:42 -0400
Kris Moore <kris at pcbsd.com> wrote:

> Clapper Zhu wrote:
> > I installed PC-BSD beta. I did select "kernel source" during the
> > installation,
> > but, I don't see  anything in /use/src.
> >
> > I managed to get the latest kernel source (dated 8/28) and
> > compiled, but it won't boot.
>
> BTW, which type of media did you use to initially install with? I'll
> need to find out why your source didn't get installed in the first
> place.

Latest amd64 9.0 snapshot also did not install sources although I
selected src component (it was the only one to select) and now I
ftp-ed src.tbz manually.

I assume it should/can be extracted into /usr/src?

/me wants to tweak kernel in order to disable witness etc.

Sincerely,
Gour

--
“In the material world, conceptions of good and bad are
all mental speculations…” (Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu)