[PC-BSD Testing] mirror fails in 8.2 too (was Re: Next 64bit Snapshot)

Gour gour at atmarama.net
Fri Apr 1 09:52:01 PDT 2011

On Fri, 01 Apr 2011 09:10:32 -0400
Kris Moore <kris at pcbsd.org> wrote:

Hello Kris,

> I've been testing and fixing gmirror support this week, and have it
> working with ZFS & UFS systems layouts now. The basic problem was
> that swap-partition was still active on the disk when the installer
> tried to initialized the gmirror, which prevented it from working.
> The next snapshot is still rolling, and when its done I'll re-test
> these and release it. (Along with a 32bit snapshot as well)

Please bear in mind that failing of installer is only half of the
story. The other half is the problem described in

http://forums.freebsd.org/showthread.php?t=22125&highlight=gpt+corrupt

where launching gmirror after the disk is partitioned, make GPT
corrupted, so before rolling out new snapshot, please try to fix this
problem by, probably, swapping those two procedures and doing gmirror
on raw disk before making partitions if user wants mirror-mode.

Sincerely,
Gour

--
“In the material world, conceptions of good and bad are
all mental speculations…” (Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu)

http://atmarama.net | Hlapicina (Croatia) | GPG: CDBF17CA