[PC-BSD Testing] VBox and PCBSD 8.1

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Tue Sep 28 14:49:05 PDT 2010

In message: <49682.1285709670 at pcbsd.org>
            Kris Moore <kris at pcbsd.org> writes:
:
: On Tue 28/09/10  4:18 PM , "M. Warner Losh" <imp at bsdimp.com> wrote:
:
: > In message:
: > Johann Hugo  writes:
: > : On Tuesday, September 28, 2010 06:15:05 pm Kris Moore wrote:
: > : > I've just added that to the PBI now, it'll use the rc.d script
: > and load
: > : > the modules the same way the port does :)
: > :
: > : Another thing, does virtualbox need to run as root ?
: > No.
: > Warner
: > Testing mailing list
: > http://lists.pcbsd.org/mailman/listinfo/testing
: >
: >
:
: Warner,
:
: Aren't the front-ends and others running setuid on your box? The Makefile still looks like they are:
:
:
: .for f in VBoxNetAdpCtl VBoxNetDHCP ${VBOX_FRONTENDS}
: 	${CHMOD} 4511 ${PREFIX}/lib/virtualbox/${f}
: .endfor
:
: If that's the case still, then the PBI will still need to prompt for the password, since we don't play as nicely with setuid :)

Now that I see that, yes, they are.

Warner