[PC-BSD Testing] VBox and PCBSD 8.1

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Tue Sep 28 14:34:30 PDT 2010

On Tue 28/09/10  4:18 PM , "M. Warner Losh" <imp at bsdimp.com> wrote:

> In message:
> Johann Hugo  writes:
> : On Tuesday, September 28, 2010 06:15:05 pm Kris Moore wrote:
> : > I've just added that to the PBI now, it'll use the rc.d script
> and load
> : > the modules the same way the port does :)
> :
> : Another thing, does virtualbox need to run as root ?
> No.
> Warner

Warner,

Aren't the front-ends and others running setuid on your box? The Makefile still looks like they are:

.for f in VBoxNetAdpCtl VBoxNetDHCP ${VBOX_FRONTENDS}
	${CHMOD} 4511 ${PREFIX}/lib/virtualbox/${f}
.endfor

If that's the case still, then the PBI will still need to prompt for the password, since we don't play as nicely with setuid :)

PC-BSD / iXsystems
Message sent via Atmail Open - http://atmail.org/