[PC-BSD Testing] VBox and PCBSD 8.1

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Mon Sep 27 23:02:44 PDT 2010

In message: <201009280748.35992.jhugo at meraka.csir.co.za>
            Johann Hugo <jhugo at meraka.csir.co.za> writes:
: According to the http://wiki.freebsd.org/VirtualBox page the bridging modules
: should be loaded from some scrip after the kernel has booted.
:
: At the moment I do a kldload vboxnetflt vboxnetadp manually, but I was
: wondering if PCBSD could load them automatically if one installed the
: virtualbox pbi.

I have VirtualBox on my FreeBSD (not PC-BSD boxes).  I have the
following changes:

/etc/rc.conf:

vboxnet_enable=YES

/boot/loader.conf:

vboxdrv_load=YES

and I have a bridging virtual machine that pops up on my local
network.  I have virtualbox-ose-3.1.8 and virtualbox-ose-kmod-3.1.8
installed on this box.  I've not tried newer versions.  I'd try the
above settings, and if that fails, see if you can snag an older
version somehow.

I've not installed virtual box on any of my PC-BSD boxes, so I can't
comment about that.

Warner

: Johann
: