[PC-BSD Testing] Printer setup

Josh Paetzel josh at tcbug.org
Fri Sep 24 08:58:46 PDT 2010

It seems that the printer setup in PC-BSD 8.1 has some issues.

I was at the iXsystems office last week, and the lounge computer was unable to
scan for any printers.

I recently converted my laptop to PCBSD 8.1 as well.  On my home LAN it was
able to find one of my two network printers once.  The second time I tried it
was unable to find any printers.

Xin Li fixed the lounge machine at iX by restarting cups with the default
cupsd.conf, I tried that on my LAN but it didn't fix the issue.

I can add printers just fine and use them by entering the URL, it is just
unable to find them automagically.

--
Thanks,

Josh Paetzel