[PC-BSD Testing] Installer failed to make bootable installation.

Rob Fortune rob.fortune at live.com
Thu Sep 16 04:26:23 PDT 2010

I installed with the partition layout of SWAP 4096 at start of disk and
about 140GB of zfs rest of disk. After installation completed, I am
dumped at a loader prompt to mount root fs instead of being loaded.

You must be getting sick of my install reports :) If you'd like me to
stop just say so, I switched from digest to thread messaging so I could
interact better.

I noticed in an earlier reply that someone realised I'm doing it in
VirtualBox. Yes this is true, I used VirtualBox internal commands to
make a passthrough to a true SATA drive and installed on that because of
this problem:

I was hoping once installed, it might be resolvable. I am strongly
considering making PC-BSD my primary OS.