[PC-BSD Testing] Help buttons

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Tue Sep 7 08:24:51 PDT 2010

On 09/06/2010 13:12, Dru Lavigne wrote:

> The following System Settings have Help buttons that point nowhere, hang, or are greyed out:
>
> - Firewall
>
> - System Network Configuration (not sure as greyed out)
>
> - Display (not sure as greyed out)
>
> - Input Actions (not sure as greyed out)
>
> - Password & User Account
>
> - Printer Configuration (not sure as greyed out)
>
> - Services Manager
>
> - Software & Updates
>
> - System Manager (not sure as greyed out)
>
> - Audio CDs (not sure as greyed out)
>
> - CDDB Retrieval
>
> - Samba (hangs)
>
> Since these are all custom modules or ones that have been PC-BSDized, I assume that's why there are no existing KDE help files to point to.
>
> What would the process be for creating help files? I can write text and would probably add a wiki page so others could help write and review to make sure the text so is actually helpful. Once we have text, it needs to be gettext'ed so it can go into Pootle? That's the part I'm not familiar with. And I'm assuming Kris has to do some KDE mumbo jumbo so that the help test gets associated with the correct menu, or does Pootle take care of that?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Dru

Yea, those would need some juggling around to make them get indexed from
the correct places. With us moving away from 'system-settings' though,
that may not be as big of an issue. I'd say we can start writing
help-text, then we can include them in whatever settings tool we end up
writing / using. (I'll probably put the text in SVN as well, so it gets
translated via Pootle and imported back in automatically)

- --