[PC-BSD Testing] Dialup Utility?

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Mon Sep 6 07:14:58 PDT 2010

In message: <BAY143-W6DDC6A730397B55C56326AC700 at phx.gbl>
            Dru Lavigne <drulavigne at sympatico.ca> writes:
:
: > >> http://forums.freebsd.org/showthread.php?t=12829
: > >>
: > >> I honestly think people should try and port NetworkManger to FreeBSD
: > >> ... it would be very beneficial for all.
: > >
: > >
: > > It looks like adding http://www.draisberghof.de/usb_modeswitch/usb-modeswitch-1.1.1.tar.bz2 and http://www.draisberghof.de/usb_modeswitch/usb_modeswitch.setup to the base system would be useful for 3G users.
: > >
: > > Kris, are there any plans to add more options to the PPP/PPPoE section of Systems Network Configuration for 9.0? We could get people from the forums to test additions to see if it helps them in their modem setup process.
: > >
: > > Cheers,
: > >
: > > Dru
: > >
: >
: > I could probably add those features to the GUI, I just will need some
: > specifics on what features to add, since I don't have a USB / tethering
: > modem to test with.
: >
: > If you or others can give me the values configuration options you need
: > in the GUI, and where they need to be saved on the system, I can add
: > them pretty easily.
: >
: > Also, that usbmodeswitch stuff, is that a port, or will it become a port
: > at some point?
:
: It's not currently a port.
:
: I'll put a call out on the blog for testers and to see if anyone is willing to port.

Does it need to be?  FreeBSD 8 doesn't need it, it seems.  It is a
hack to force the old usb stack to cope with the weirdness of having a
cdrom appear there...

Warner