[PC-BSD Testing] Dialup Utility?

Karl Fischer kmf at fischer.org.za
Thu Sep 2 00:01:23 PDT 2010

On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 16:11, Arthur Koziol <A-Koziol at neiu.edu> wrote:
> It might be my early onset but if I remember right I *think* there was
> something being worked on for KDE in some future version. I remember reading
> about it years ago so I don't know if it ever reached fruition. KPPP is the
> only thing close to a modem dialer that I could find:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kppp

I started digging around yesterday, all our company laptops have
builtin 3g and we all have external 3g dongles,
I need similar functionality, so here is some tutorials I found.

https://www.anywi.com/3g/wiki/PPPFor3GModems
https://www.anywi.com/3g/wiki/U3gDriver

I honestly think people should try and port NetworkManger to FreeBSD
... it would be very beneficial for all.

Karl