[PC-BSD Testing] Default IBUS setting for PCBSD

Bill Sun billksun at gmail.com
Fri Oct 29 19:13:13 PDT 2010

Just tried that, but unfortunately, it doesn't work.

This is strange.  If I kill all the ibus processes and start ibus via the
console, both of this work and the icon will appear:

 /usr/local/bin/ibus-daemon --daemonize --xim
/usr/local/bin/ibus-daemon --xim

Seems like I'm only losing the system tray icon when starting via the
script.  When I run ibus-setup and toggle the "Show icon on system tray"
option it doesn't do anything, even though other options seem to have an
effect (like "Show language panel").

But when ibus-setup is run after I kill the initial ibus instance (started
from the script) and restart ibus-daemon from the console, the option to
toggle system tray icon start to work again.

-Bill