[PC-BSD Testing] Default IBUS setting for PCBSD

Sam Lin semin2006 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 17:13:32 PDT 2010

Dear PC-BSD fellows,

When I fresh install PC-BSD (8.1 i386) in English, I need to manually
switch FORCEIBUS in my /usr/local/kde4/env/enable-ibus.sh from NO to
YES to get IBUS enabled, whereas if I install PC-BSD in Japanese, I
did not have to do anything to enable IBUS i.e. I can type Japanese
with IBUS straight away. That said, the settings relevant to IBUS
change depending on the language being used for installation.

I felt that there is no point why FORCEIBUS enable-ibus.sh should not
be set as YES as a de facto setting regardless of installation
language. Since PC-BSD is meant to be used globally for average users,
I think I would be best make FORCEIBUS as YES in the future releases
(after all, we wouldn't expect average users to change the setting
manually - that's against PC-BSD's aim). Or is there any reason why
this is not feasible?

Regards,
Sam