[PC-BSD Testing] fix for GNOME brasero bug

Dru Lavigne drulavigne at sympatico.ca
Mon Oct 18 13:28:52 PDT 2010

Brasero does not work in the current GNOME PBI as the base system uses the old version of cdrtools. To fix:

pkg_delete -fx cdrtools (as dvd+rw-tools depends on it and pkg_delete will complain)

For some reason, pkg_add -r cdrtools did not pull down version 3 as promised. I had to:

fetch ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-current/sysutils/cdrtools-3.00_1.tbz
pkg_add cdrtools-3.00_1.tbz

This version of cdrecord will allow Brasero to see that a DVD media is in the drive and will un-grey out the Properties button in the Image Burning Setup screen.

When we make the install list for GNOME for PC-BSD 9.0, we'll have to ensure that cdrtools is at least version 3.

I'm updating the Brasero page of the Handbook as I figure out how to use the utility.

Cheers,

Dru