[PC-BSD Testing] Install FreeBSD with ZFS via PCBSD installer

Jack Downes jdownes at krmc.org
Fri Nov 26 14:18:45 PST 2010

So, I don't think you need that /boot partition with ZFS.  At least, I'm not using it... there's a 64k slice that bsd puts in place at the beginning of the drive and the /boot ends up in the / like everything else.  You can create zfs mountpoints at will, so, for simplicity, you might want to just create a swap partition first and then use the rest for zfs on /.  Just my two cents, I use this with a 3 drive raidz and it works fine.

Jack Downes
Health Information Technology, KRMC