[PC-BSD Testing] Testing 9-CURRENT (SysInstaller)

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Thu Nov 18 12:21:02 PST 2010

On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 02:31:22PM +0200, Yuri Momotiuk wrote:
> Issues in installer:
> 1. I can confirm issue with language selection listbox (system installer
> language was not changed after selecting ukrainian language)

I've found the problem with this here, and should have it fixed in the next snapshot.

FYI, we've not begun doing translations for 9 yet, so things may still not be fully translated :)

> 2. (Cosmetic) On "Users" screen ui do not set focus to next line edit after
> I press 'Enter'. For example I type password in "Password" edit. When I
> press 'Enter' I expect that focus move to "Verify password" edit.

I can check into this, but I think the default is to use "tab" for jumping between the fields
in a QT app. (That's worked here in the past anyway)

> 3. (Cosmetic) In messagebox that shows just before installation begin
> ("Start installation now?") IMHO "Yes" button must be focused by default.

I prefer that we not highlight "YES" since this is the point of no return when doing
an install, and I would hate for it to blow away a users system because they hit enter
a few to many times :)

> 4. Installer reports warnings about source and ports checksums

I see the problem here, looking into a fix now

> 5. Installation progressbar: Seems like progressbar show progress only for
> current meta package. Wold be great to display two progressbars: current
> meta package installation progress and overall installation progress (see
> attachment).

Thats a known issue. Its on my list still to put some work into how meta-pkgs get installed
/ reporting that status to the various GUIs. I think something like you are suggesting is
what I'll end up doing here soon :)