[PC-BSD Testing] Testing 9-CURRENT under VMware - 'pc-softwaremanager' not found

Odhiambo Washington odhiambo at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 01:43:45 PST 2010

On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 6:18 PM, Kris Moore <kris at pcbsd.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 08:30:04PM +0300, Odhiambo Washington wrote:
> > Please see this link for a pdf doc of the error
> >
> > http://lix.in/-960557
> >
> > --
> > Best regards,
> > Odhiambo WASHINGTON,
> > Nairobi,KE
> > +254733744121/+254722743223
>
> I'm having trouble figuring out how you got this error. Did you run the
> desktop icon for PC-BSD Control Panel? Or was it via a menu somewhere? What
> window manager are you using at the time?

My WM is KDE.

On the taskbar, there is this icon for PC-BSD Update Manager.
I right clicke on it and click "Start the Update Manager" launched the
update manager. It prompts me for a password, which I key in, then gives
this error.
I can repeat it over and over. I am running PC-BSD 9 inside VMware
Workstation.