[PC-BSD Testing] 9 alpha bootonly install failure

Bruce Cran bruce at cran.org.uk
Sun Nov 7 02:36:57 PST 2010

On Fri, 5 Nov 2010 12:19:55 -0400
Kris Moore <kris at pcbsd.org> wrote:

> Just talked to pjd@ and a few others here at MeetBSD, and the
> consensus was that thinking was that we can just change our
> startblock to "64" and that'll take care of it fixing the alignment.
> I'll try to get a patch into pc-sysinstall soon to correct that.

As I mentioned in the PR, that won't work because geom silently
corrects the offset to be a multiple of 63.

Another thing I noticed in the installation program is that the
keyboard layout list is out of order: for example the USA layout
shouldn't be first, and Ireland is down near the bottom when it should
be near the top.

The last thing I've noticed today is the default shell in the "Add
User" section: I think tcsh might be better than csh.

--
Bruce Cran