[PC-BSD Testing] PCBSD 9

Alexander Yerenkow yerenkow at uct.ua
Sun Nov 7 01:43:07 PST 2010

07.11.2010 2:18, Kris Moore пишет:

> You'll need to make sure that the master boot loader gets installed.
> We've found a bug in the snapshot where if the MBR loader isn't selected
> its not bootable. It'll be fixed in the next snapshot :)
>
> On Sat, Nov 06, 2010 at 11:08:04PM +0200, Alexander Yerenkow wrote:
>> Hi!
>> I upgraded my 8.1 to 9.
>> And found interesting thing: it can't boot without DVD inserted :)

It appears a bit different:
BTX boots ok, kernel loaded from HD, but all stops right after detected
cd0, ada0 and ums0.
It simply stops from booting.
However, it's not hung, because unplug/plug mouse produce messages; and
"scroll lock" working.
I tested few times, only booting when DVD is in place.
But! Today somehow situation changed - I can now boot without DVD.
Hm. Very strange...