[PC-BSD Testing] 9-Current alpha snapshot issue - not working under VirtualBox?

Sam Lin semin2006 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 21:46:02 PDT 2010

Dear PCBSD fellows -

I have just downloaded "PCBSD9-CURRENT-20101030-x86-DVD.iso" now and
tried to install it to my virtual machine directly from iso, then it
ended up with a screen with a PCBSD logo and then seems frozen (see
attached image). Not sure whether or not the virtualbox log would be
helpful but I have attached it along with the screenshot anyway.

# My machine:
Compaq Presario 2166ae (laptop)
CPU: AMD Athlon XP-M 2400+
RAM: 1024M
HD: 120G
VGA: ATI IGP
PCBSD: 8.1 32bit

# My virtual machine:
HD: 35GB
RAM:256MB

Perhaps I need to increase the size of my virtual RAM? Or is it
because *BSD under VirtualBox require VT-x or AMD-V hardware
virtualization support [http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Guest_OSes]?

Regards,
Sam