[PC-BSD Testing] Could someone test IBUS please?

Sam Lin semin2006 at gmail.com
Mon May 31 22:16:49 PDT 2010

Hi,

After switching the FORCEIBUS in my enable-ibus.sh from NO to YES it finally
works! Thanks heaps Alexander!!

But I still cannot understand why deutsch was installed in my system, coz
there's no way I would choose that language, and I'm pretty sure I didn't
set any language during my installation...?? Do I have to set anything when
installing a new PCBSD system so that iBus works properly once the
installation is done?

Thanks

Sam

Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 12:52:31 +0300
From: Alexander Yerenkow <yerenkow at uct.ua>

I mean, if you have installed PC-BSD in one of these languages, you'll
get Ibus working.
But you have deutsch installation, if I'm not mistaken.
So, you need additional steps to be done to make iBus work:

If you have other language than this, and want to enable ibus anyway, you
can edit file
/usr/local/kde4/env/enable-ibus.sh
and set FORCEIBUS="YES"

Logout-login, and iBus will work.