[PC-BSD Testing] New Snapshot

Arthur Koziol A-Koziol at neiu.edu
Tue May 25 11:29:03 PDT 2010

On 05/25/2010 10:28 AM, Kris Moore wrote:

> The next snapshot is up in the usual place:
>
> ftp://ftp.pcbsd.org/pub/snapshots/8/
>
> This snapshot fixes the xorg / detection bugs, and also has a number of improvements related to partitioning / upgrades.
>

> Known Issues:
> When loading KDE4, you may get a kwrite error, to fix simply run following command from your homedir:
>
> % chmod 755 .kde4/Autostart/setmix.sh
>
> Also, there is a bug loading the python printer module, which I may have a work-around to and will work on later this week.
>

> FreeBSD 8.1  has hit code-freeze to prepare for 8.1-BETA1 later this week. We'll be doing the same thing, and hope to issue a public PC-BSD 8.1 BETA1 sometime next week, so please keep the bug reports coming in.
>
> Thanks!

Kris,

Got the new snapshot installed fresh and found some issues already. Not
sure if they're Python related but the error message doesn't seem to be
Python related.

1. System Settings > System Manager, Software & Updates, and Service
Manager throw the error: *Could not find plugin 'System Manager' for
application 'systemsettings'Library "kcm-pcbsdsystem" not found
*
2. System Settings > Password & User Accounts won't launch Run in
Administrator Mode

3. System Settings > Firewall won't launch Run in Administrator Mode

4. System Settings > Display > Size & Orientation > Refresh on my
monitor defaults to 75Hz but when I try changing to 60Hz, it sets itself
to Auto. Setting it back to 75Hz and it stays at Auto. Might be KDE
related but though I'd mention it.

More as it comes,
Arthur