[PC-BSD Testing] New Snapshot

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Tue May 25 08:28:14 PDT 2010

The next snapshot is up in the usual place:

ftp://ftp.pcbsd.org/pub/snapshots/8/

This snapshot fixes the xorg / detection bugs, and also has a number of improvements related to partitioning / upgrades.

Known Issues:
When loading KDE4, you may get a kwrite error, to fix simply run following command from your homedir:

% chmod 755 .kde4/Autostart/setmix.sh

Also, there is a bug loading the python printer module, which I may have a work-around to and will work on later this week.

FreeBSD 8.1  has hit code-freeze to prepare for 8.1-BETA1 later this week. We'll be doing the same thing, and hope to issue a public PC-BSD 8.1 BETA1 sometime next week, so please keep the bug reports coming in.

Thanks!

PC-BSD / iXsystems

Message sent via Atmail Open - http://atmail.org/