[PC-BSD Testing] Universal USB Installer 1.5.7

Arthur Koziol A-Koziol at neiu.edu
Mon May 24 11:59:46 PDT 2010

On 05/24/2010 12:22 PM, Kris Moore wrote:
> On 05/24/2010 12:15, Arthur Koziol wrote:
>> Man, I was just playing around with this utility to have a KUbuntu
>> 10.04 distro on a spare 2GB USB drive for emergency purposes.
>> Although this is geared towards Linux, it would be kick @$$ to have a
>> util like this work for PCBSD too. Do you guys know if one like this
>> exists already? I know of pretty much all the USB installers out
>> there and none comes to mind I know of.
>>
>> Arthur
>
> You mean that the USB image has a "live" system on it, right? Our USB
> full image already does, you just select "live" mode from the
> boot-screen,
> same as you do on the DVD :)

Kris,

Argh, I should read my emails twice before I send them. I'm aware of the
USB image but I was curious about a utility that automates dropping the
ISO or what have you on a vanilla USB drive and making it able to run
live. UBI rejiggers things for the user so there's no fiddling around
with manually renaming isolinux to syslinux or what have you. I've never
tried the USB live image for PCBSD but now I'm going to run off and
figure out how to do it. Thanks.

Arthur