[PC-BSD Testing] Could someone test IBUS please?

Alexander Yerenkow yerenkow at uct.ua
Sat May 22 10:54:28 PDT 2010

2010/5/21 Sam Lin <semin2006 at gmail.com>

> On PC-BSD8.0 clicking on the ibus icon on taskbar actually does nothing but
> only shows a message "no input window" and I cannot input non-latin
> character with it. I have checked out other forums e.g. ubuntu or on the
> ibus official website and realised that someone have also got the same
> problem whereas others don't. On those forums someone has made it work by
> disabling the ibus daemon and then re-start the daemon manually, but then
> again this doesn't work on some other guys' systems (unfortunately I'm one
> of them).
>
> As my internet environment does not allow me to download snapshot images,
> could someone please try on their snapshot copy whether or not the default
> ibus just WORKS properly but not just an icon sitting in the taskbar? If
> this really does not work then I will need to consider using scim for typing
> non-latin characters in the next release of PC-BSD.

Hi!
iBus installed an enabled by default for users which installed OS in any
this language:
ja_JP ko_KR zh_CN zh_TW

If you have other language than this, and want to enable ibus anyway, you
can edit file
/usr/local/kde4/env/enable-ibus.sh
and set FORCEIBUS="YES"

Logout-login, and iBus will work. At least it working for me :))

However, skype do not want to take japanese input, only copy-paste from
other program like Kate or else.
Maybe it's due to skype is linux app.

BTW, could you run this:
cat /usr/local/kde4/share/config/kdm/kdmrc | grep '^Language='
And show it to me?

Thanks.

> Regards,
> Sam