[PC-BSD Testing] Next Snapshot available

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Wed May 19 04:38:10 PDT 2010

On 05/19/2010 04:01, Bill Sun wrote:
> The box works.  I have an nForce4 Ultra mobo from Foxconn.  I have
> another HDD that I boot Windows 7 from, and it works fine.  In fact,
> all my emails, this one included, were written with the box running
> Windows 7.
>
> The previous snapshot also booted into the GUI installer just fine
> (aside from the fact that it only worked from the IGP).
>
> So, I gave the no ACPI option a try.  And the loader gets stuck at the
> same point (forgot where) for 2 tries.  I tried the previous snapshot
> again to make sure that it's not my computer failing, and the previous
> snapshot still works as previously.  Next, I checked the checksum of
> the 5/17 snapshot image.  Well, it failed the check.  So I am
> currently re-downloading the image file.
>
> Better luck next time, I hope.
>
> -Bill

Ok, I've found the problem with Xorg in this snapshot, was a corrupt
driver causing "X -configure" to fail, and in turn causing everything
that relied on parsing that output to fail as well, such as Gui setup
tool, etc.

I'm rolling a new snapshot now, and should have it finished in a few
days, I'll get it uploaded asap :)