[PC-BSD Testing] [SPAM] Re: Network problem

Brodey Dover doverosx at gmail.com
Tue May 18 18:59:20 PDT 2010

Linksys WRT54 GLs, both in wireless bridging mode flashed with DD-WRT. My
friend has a WRT54 v1.0 that I fixed up by simply upgrading the PSU and
swapping the crappy A/C adapters. Was it a Cisco machine that died or was it
a Linksys "commercial" jobbie? Seeing as I'm a hardware guy this is my
conclusion - run away from the stock A/C adapters as quickly as possible.

I made my own using torroids and rubycon caps as well as some not-so-fancy
but straight to the point 1A (more than enough) full-wave bridge rectifiers.
And now that I think about it some more, perhaps some more hardware work is
needed to investigate your dying hardware.

I say, try something from Aruba networks or some other brand. It couldn't
hurt right? In spite of how "good" Cisco stuff is, it is your luck that is
killing it ;).

I'm REALLY glad that you fixed it, trust me!

Brodey