[PC-BSD Testing] Next Snapshot available

Bill Sun billksun at gmail.com
Tue May 18 17:01:34 PDT 2010

I've just tried the new snapshot and I can't get the GUI installer to load.
 Is this the X setup problem you are referring to, Kris?  Or were you
referring to a later step where it selects the graphics drivers?

I'll try booting using the VESA option next.

Oh, and, before I forget this.  I have 2 GPUs on my computer, one is
on-board, and the other discrete.  Both NVIDIAs.  When I was trying to
install the previous snapshot, I was not able to get to the GUI installer
when I had the BIOS turn on the discrete (PCI-E) graphics first.  It just
hung on "Autoconfiguring X Server ... done."  I had to set the on-board
graphics as the first option in the BIOS, and connect my monitor to the
on-board graphics to be able to reach the GUI installer.

This time around, I get a black screen with a white character box on the top
left of the screen, and I can move my mouse and see th cursor move as well.
 But nothing else happened.

-Bill