[PC-BSD Testing] Next Snapshot available

Arthur Koziol A-Koziol at neiu.edu
Tue May 18 13:22:01 PDT 2010

On 05/18/2010 6:55 AM, Kris Moore wrote:

> I've just uploaded the next snapshot of PC-BSD:
>
> ftp://ftp.pcbsd.org/pub/snapshots/8/
>
> This snapshot contains the new KDE 4.4.3, Xorg 7.5, new drivers and a
> TON of new ports from the past month, along with a latest 8-Stable
> release of FreeBSD as well of course. Also a lot of fixes are in place
> for the installation, fixing some ZFS issues and other partitioning
> related quirks.
>
> Currently I'm seeing a problem with the X setup tool detecting video /
> monitor settings at bootup, but I'm investigating it now.
>
> If you can, please test this snapshot out, and lets start hunting down
> bugs asap. The FreeBSD 8.1 release cycle is nearly here, and I want to
> get us to Beta1 shortly after they do :)
>
> Thanks!

Holly Schmidt! The new snapshot flys. Here's on thing I encountered
already though. I got rid of my old Dell GX280 abuse box and replaced it
with a new Optiplex 960 which has an Intel Q45 (Eaglelake) IGP. During
display setup, it was detected as ATI-3D-Enabled instead of
Intel-3D-Enabled. More as it comes.

Arthur