[PC-BSD Testing] Trouble with ZFS zpool creation

Bill Sun billksun at gmail.com
Tue May 18 10:32:56 PDT 2010

Thanks Kris!  I will be trying out the new snapshot soon.

About raidz, I read somewhere that it'll just behave like "mirror" if you
only have 2 drives.[1]  However, later, I also read that a root pool cannot
be configured with raidz.[2]  But I also read that a mirrored configuration
is better for performance,[3] so I think I'll be going with "mirror" for a
2-drive bootable zfs configuration :)

[1] http://osdir.com/ml/os.solaris.opensolaris.zfs/2006-07/msg00107.html