[PC-BSD Testing] Network problem

Jeff dejamuse at yahoo.com
Mon May 17 13:22:38 PDT 2010

Hmm, it works for a while then reverts to slow behavior for unknown reasons.  It's usually slow when logged in as an admin, but not always.  Inconsistent behavior makes it tough to track down.  However, Drupal can talk to the outside world again UNTIL you run the update script and then it stops.

Why would I have a reverse DNS issue?  I'm only using IP numbers, so there's nothing to resolve I would think.

I noticed there is a BIND server on the system but it's not running.  Is it supposed to?

Also have a process called winbindd running.  What is that for?

Noticed also that there are 10 httpd processes running simultaneously.  Seems like a lot for a single server.