[PC-BSD Testing] Mounting USB Hard Drives

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Sat May 8 14:21:20 PDT 2010

In message: <AANLkTilcUlKiRzwvbl2ZMwkgdUhGC-tJWxgQIo_pII8v at mail.gmail.com>
            Brodey Dover <doverosx at gmail.com> writes:
: Does fsck handle NTFS? If not, can you chkdsk the drive in Windows
: please? I think that the fs was marked dirty but the crash wasn't
: catastrophic enough to make windows cringe and blow up.

We don't have fsck for ntfs on FreeBSD today.  If the volume is
damaged, you'll need to have Windows check it out.

Warner

: May I suggest you disable some options in the Dolphin folder view? I
: believe the button here is F11 to stop the "places" section of the fs
: browse window in KDE. I have reported the bug but I believe the KDE
: guys think that it only has to do with networking...unfortunately a
: lot of the "features" should still be in beta for performance reasons
: and as well as reliability issues when using devices that aren't fully
: sane.
:
: I have passed on a LOT of debugging and sent a test plan to the KDE
: guys/gals regarding these bugs and in my opinion should only be
: included in "Alpha" software and never considered "release"; ever. You
: may also consider disabling preview as well but I believe that your PC
: may have choked on satisfying one of the "places", "preview" or
: another feature of the browser window that I have since forgotten.
:
: Regards,
: Brodey
: