[PC-BSD Testing] Mounting USB Hard Drives

Jeff dejamuse at yahoo.com
Sat May 8 12:17:34 PDT 2010

Output of fdisk:

# fdisk /dev/da0
******* Working on device /dev/da0 *******
parameters extracted from in-core disklabel are:
cylinders=38913 heads=255 sectors/track=63 (16065 blks/cyl)

Figures below won't work with BIOS for partitions not in cyl 1
parameters to be used for BIOS calculations are:
cylinders=38913 heads=255 sectors/track=63 (16065 blks/cyl)

Media sector size is 512
Warning: BIOS sector numbering starts with sector 1
Information from DOS bootblock is:
The data for partition 1 is:
sysid 7 (0x07),(NTFS, OS/2 HPFS, QNX-2 (16 bit) or Advanced UNIX)
    start 63, size 625121217 (305234 Meg), flag 80 (active)
        beg: cyl 0/ head 1/ sector 1;
        end: cyl 1023/ head 254/ sector 63
The data for partition 2 is:
<UNUSED>
The data for partition 3 is:
<UNUSED>
The data for partition 4 is:
<UNUSED>
Then I did this and it mounted:

# mount -o large -t ntfs /dev/da0s1 /media/Backup
The disk contains an unclean file system (0, 0).
The file system wasn't safely closed on Windows. Fixing.
#

Problem solved, thanks all!