[PC-BSD Testing] Mounting USB Hard Drives

Jeff dejamuse at yahoo.com
Sat May 8 11:30:49 PDT 2010

chkdsk D:/f  reports no errors.

--- On Sat, 5/8/10, Brodey Dover <doverosx at gmail.com> wrote:

From: Brodey Dover <doverosx at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [PC-BSD Testing] Mounting USB Hard Drives
To: "PC-BSD Testing list" <testing at lists.pcbsd.org>
Date: Saturday, May 8, 2010, 11:01 AM

Does fsck handle NTFS? If not, can you chkdsk the drive in Windows
please? I think that the fs was marked dirty but the crash wasn't
catastrophic enough to make windows cringe and blow up.

May I suggest you disable some options in the Dolphin folder view? I
believe the button here is F11 to stop the "places" section of the fs
browse window in KDE. I have reported the bug but I believe the KDE
guys think that it only has to do with networking...unfortunately a
lot of the "features" should still be in beta for performance reasons
and as well as reliability issues when using devices that aren't fully
sane.

I have passed on a LOT of debugging and sent a test plan to the KDE
guys/gals regarding these bugs and in my opinion should only be
included in "Alpha" software and never considered "release"; ever. You
may also consider disabling preview as well but I believe that your PC
may have choked on satisfying one of the "places", "preview" or
another feature of the browser window that I have since forgotten.

Regards,
Brodey