[PC-BSD Testing] Virtual Box Kris PLEASE HELP!

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Wed Mar 31 02:22:22 PDT 2010

On 03/30/2010 22:05, doverosx at gmail.com wrote:
> I just downloaded the most recent PBI for AMD64 PC-BSD 8. I think
> there is an issue with using lagg0 as the network adapter and I found
> that the kernel modules for Virtual Box are required when the network
> components can not be loaded.
>
> Is it possible to check out the addition of these two modules?
>
> vboxnetflt.ko
> vboxnetadp.ko
>
> Can someone else test VB -> set NIC to Bridged and ensure you are
> using lagg0 as per the most recent PC-BSD release.
>
> Thank you,
> Brodey Dover

I've fixed the PBI to load those additional network modules now. If you
want to do it manually in the meantime, do this:

# cd /Programs/VirtualBox/modules
# cp *.ko /boot/modules/

Add these lines to /boot/loader.conf

vboxnetflt_load="YES"
vboxnetadp_load="YES"

Then kldload the modules or reboot. Can you access the net now? I
noticed that pinging doesn't work inside VB, but I can surf the web just
fine.